Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Return To Korean Language Studies

My plan is to go back to South Korea in about 12 months. I also start Level 2 of Korean class in January or February. My plan is to pick a few words every day and study them for a few minutes throughout the day. After visiting South Korea, I have a much better idea of what  that I need to learn. In my beginning Korean class, we spent too much time learning about the names for items in a classroom like desk, gym, teacher and other similar words. We also spent a fair amount of time singing young children songs. While the class made speaking Korean fun, it provided very little useful help for communicating in South Korea. This time I'm going to learn all of the words that I should have learned. I am going to place less importance on sentence structure and more emphasis on learn nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs that I know that I will actually use.

No comments:

Post a Comment