Sunday, January 24, 2016

My Trip To Japan: New Osaka Hotel, Reason For Choosing And Prices

On my trip to Japan, I spent 6 days and 5 nights in Osaka. It was a good base to use to travel to Kyoto and Nara as well. I stayed at the New Osaka Hotel near the Shin- Osaka Station. The Shinkansen train stops here on the way between Tokyo and Kyoto. That is the main reason that I chose this hotel, the location. Also, the hotel was within a short walk of the station and in my price range.

It was difficult to book this hotel direct, so I used Travelocity. I was not charged anything until I checked out. This hotel was a little more expensive than the Shinagawa Prince Hotel in Tokyo. Here is a breakdown of the costs.

Check-in

  • Check-in time starts at 3 PM
  • If a late check-in is planned, contact this hotel directly for their late check-in policy.

Important Hotel Information

Although Travelocity does not charge a fee to change or cancel your booking, New Osaka Hotel may still charge a fee in accordance with its own rules & regulations.
  • Cancellations or changes made after 11:59 PM (Tokyo Daylight Time) on November 01, 2015 or no-shows are subject to a hotel fee equal to the first night's rate plus taxes and fees.
  • View your online itinerary for additional rules and restrictions.

Room  Semi Double Room Non-Smoking
  
Includes: Free High-Speed Internet
  
                              
 
                                 
 
Price Summary
Total
$414.53
¥51,340
Collected by the hotel

Sale!
Prices shown after -¥9,060 savings
Room Price
 
¥51,340
5 nights  ¥10,268 avg./night
11/2/15 ¥9,350
11/3/15 ¥9,350
11/4/15 ¥10,880
11/5/15 ¥10,880
11/6/15 ¥10,880
Taxes  included
Rate quotes in USD are based on current exchange rates, which may vary at time of travel. Final payment will be settled in local currency directly with the hotel.
Additional Hotel Services
The below fees and deposits only apply if they are not included in your selected room rate.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
  • Breakfast fee: between JPY 1000 and JPY 1500 per person (approximately)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.

The exchange rate between the Japanese yen and US dollar was between 122 and 126 yen per dollar. So, at 122 yen per dollar, the average price per night would be $84.16. That is about $15 more per night than I spent in Tokyo.

I was not very happy with this choice of hotel. It is more than adequate but there are better hotels available. I would not recommend it to anyone or stay there again. I actually do not have any major gripes, just a lot of small ones. I would have liked to be able to set my own room temperature. At least there was a window. However, there was a high pitched noise that was almost unbearable. I was only able to sleep with my headphones on while playing music. I thought the room could have been a little cleaner. I wish that it had a closet or some place to store my clothes instead of just in the suitcase. The walk to the train station was farther than advertised and there was a lack of places to eat and buy groceries. I have other small concerns but nothing major.

No comments:

Post a Comment