Monday, January 4, 2016

My Trip To Japan: The Morning After The Shibuya Halloween Apocalypse, Part 1

I was at Shibuya Crossing in Tokyo for Halloween. I cannot believe what I experienced during that afternoon. Eventually, the crossing just got too crowded for my comfort. I have heard many estimates of the crowd around the crossing. I have heard estimates as high as 250,000. I have no idea if this is true but I would not doubt it. The crowds of costumed revelers seemed to go on forever. The police tried to keep the area under control but it was an impossible task. The people were so packed in that it was difficult to breathe. If there had been a panic, I am sure that many people would have died that night. As I look back, I wished that I would have stayed out on the crossing all night. It was fun and I would love to go back and experience it again one day.

I have somewhere between 3000 to 4000 photos on several sd cards. Unfortunately, I can't open them with my present Lightroom program. I do have a few photos, most of them unfortunately out of focus , from my cell phone.



I caught an early subway ride back to Shibuya Crossing the next morning. There were still big crowds in the area. It was quite fun to watch the drunk Halloween costumed people stumble back to the Shibuya Station to catch a ride back home. This is a photo from the upper floor of the station. It was a pretty steady stream of people until 9 or 10 that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment