Thursday, January 7, 2016

Houston: 1/7/16 Photos "Red"

Today I walked around the area near my apartment and tried to take photos of "red" objects. I got a little much needed exercise and got the camera out of the bag again. I am starting to look forward to taking some photos between the time I get home from work and before it gets dark. That is a short time frame, but maybe that's what I need. I am also planning my weekends mornings around taking a few pictures around town. I am starting to explore parts of Houston that I would only drive through. I am having fun.


I live in the Upper Kirby neighborhood of Houston. We are situated between River Oaks to the North, West University to the South, The Galleria to the West, and Montrose to the East.


One of our new Metro bus stops. We have suffered through the construction job from hell and the end is finally in sight.


The Upper Kirby business district has placed "decorative" phone booths around the area. I guess they ran out of things to spend money on. It still has one of last year's Christmas decorations on it.


An old post office box. I am unsure if this was actually a mail box in the past or if it is also "decorative". It is not functual now, but I would not doubt that there are a few letters sitting in the bottom of it.


Part of our rental bike fleet. I was skeptical if people would either use them or steal them, but I do see a lot in use. This idea is a win for the Houston planners. I guess they are 1 and 1,000,000,000 now.


Someone left God's phone book in this old version of the "decorative" phone booths.



No comments:

Post a Comment