Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Houston: Powerball Fever

The Powerball Lottery is up to $1.5 Billion and will probably go even higher before the drawing tonight. On my way to work I tried to stop in at my favorite convenience store. Instead of the usual 1 or 2 cars, there were 15 and no empty spots. Every person that I talked to the past couple of days, from my customers to the lady who just cut my hair, all have asked me if I bought my lottery tickets. I do not remember an event, in my lifetime, that has had so much universal appeal. I have bought less than 10 lottery tickets in my life, but I did buy one last week, when the jackpot was $900 Million, as well as tonight. I really hope that no one wins tonight. I am just curious to see how everyone will act when the jackpot builds to over $2 Billion!

No comments:

Post a Comment