Monday, December 21, 2015

My Trip To Japan: Street Food- Grilled Scallops

There are plenty places to eat street food in Japan. Osaka has many areas of town that are fun to walk the streets and grab small meals. You can get items like takoyki, okonomiyaki, temperu, and many other delicious things to eat. One of my favorites were grilled scallops. The scallops were huge. The shell was bigger than my hand, and I have big hands. The scallop itself was about the size of a small hamburger, like McDonalds. I did not know that scallops got that big.

The scallops are either cooked over charcoaled or cooked with a propane torch. They are cooked in the shell and  usually have type of flavoring added to them, like soy sauce or garlic. They are absolutely delicious. They cost about $5 or $6 US and worth every cent.


No comments:

Post a Comment