Friday, December 18, 2015

My Trip To Japan: Kyoto English Class Students

Many times during my visits to Japan and South Korea I have witnessed groups of students who were assisting tourists and asking questions for school assignments. At Kyoto Station I talked with a group of students from one of the local schools. They were asking basic questions about what country the tourists were from and what they enjoyed most about Japan. The short survey probably took about 3 minutes. You could see that they were really enjoying practicing their English. The students had a couple teachers to help out with any communication problems. If you see a group of kids doing this type of activity please spend a little time participating with them.

At Kyobo Bookstore in Seoul, I was interviewed for a college English class video assignment. I had to answer 10 questions about myself and South Korea. There were 4 students and after the video we all went out and had coffee. It was a memorable time for me. I was able to share some information about some American colleges that a couple of the students would be attending the next year. They recommended a couple of hidden tourists spots that I had never heard of. Again, anytime that you are approached by some foreign students you should do your best to spend a few minutes talking with them. The times that I spent talking with the people from Japan and South Korea are some of my favorite travel memories.

However, do be cautious. If something feels wrong, ignore them or leave the area. Always trust your gut.

No comments:

Post a Comment