Wednesday, December 9, 2015

My Trip To Japan: Akihabara Theme Restaurants

Akihabara is famous for its maid cafes. I went down one street and there was a maid about every 20 feet for 2 blocks inviting you into their place. There are a LOT of maid themed cafes. I also saw some other character themed restaurants in the area.



I assume that a Gundam is an animae.


I know from watching HK television that AKB48 is a girl singing group from Japan.

I heard a lot of loud singing and cheering coming from one restaurant as I passed by. The lady in front invited to look around. Inside the place was a group of about 5 or 6 girls singing Japanese pop songs. The people in the restaurant appeared to mostly be middle aged men. They were cheering, dancing, and yelling cheers. Most of them had light sticks of pom poms in their hands. I'm sure it was harmless fun but it was too strange for me. The lady told me it was an Idol Restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment