Tuesday, December 8, 2015

My Trip To Japan: Musubi Furoshiki Cloth Store

When I travel I do a minimal amount of shopping. I prefer to walk around and use my camera instead. I did want to pick up a few gifts in Japan for friends and family this trip though. The main thing that I bought were some furoshiki cloths. These are the fabric cloths that the Japanese use to wrap lunches and gifts. They are also used to make wearable items and purses. The fabrics are of very high quality.

After reading online, I discovered a store in Kyoto and another one in Harajuku. The store in this post is found in Harajuku. It is called Musubi. From Harajuku Station walk down Takeshita Dori. Then, turn left and walk until Harajuku Dori ends. The store is located a short distance away. The store that I shopped in Kyoto was called Enveraak. You can easily find out more information about these 2 stores on the internet. The store in Kyoto had some of the more high end clothes.

There are several sizes of the cloths. Most of them are square but some of more scarf like. The price varies a LOT. Most of the small ones that I bought cost $6 to $10. I had some mid sized ones that I paid $12 to $20. I think I paid $30 for a couple of the higher end ones. I wish that I had bought a few more.

The patterns can range from traditional to modern designs. The pattern can be single sided or double sided. There seems to be a pattern for every taste. I even saw some of the cloths in patterns like Hello Kitty. Again, I wish that I had bought that one.



The Musubi store  is located in the Harajuku area of Tokyo. The quality of the furoshiki cloths is excellent. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and spoke English well.

 

Some of the cloths made into bags and purses.



Part of the selection of furoshiki cloths that are available for purchase.


1 comment:


  1. "My ambition," Tim says, "was to run expeditions for children , offering them genuine adventure mingled with the romance of visit the Africa i do know so well. I wanted to point out others the fascinating peoples and places I even have seen, and provides them an equivalent opportunities to share within the experience: and excitements that are my very own ."
    african fashion

    ReplyDelete