Tuesday, November 17, 2015

My Trip To Japan: A Walk Through Harajuku

Towards the end of my Japan vacation it rained lightly for three days. I decided to do a little shopping. One of the things that I wanted to buy were some furoshki cloths. These are the fabrics that are folded around gifts and packages in Japan. They are also used to make purses and other similar items.




The store that I wanted to shop at was located about a mile from Harajuku Station. I would have to walk down the two main streets, Omotesando Dori and Harajuku Dori to get there. Along the way I discovered delicious crepes.

 




There is an almost unlimited number of flavor. I was glad that there was a line. It gave me an opportunity to make up my mind about which flavor to choose. I ended up getting one with a chocolate brownie, chocolate ice cream, and whipped cream. It was delicious but I am still second guessing my choice. There were so many flavors that I wished that I had a chance to sample.


There are many crepe restaurants in the Harajuku area and also scattered around Tokyo. The lines were fairly long when I was there and I suspect most of the time. Most of the customers were tourists with plenty of school girls out checking the latest Harajuku fashions.




Personally, the crepe stores were one of thew few things that I found interesting in the Harajuku area. The furoshki store, 100 yen store, toy stores, and a couple other places were nice but hardly worth a half day spent walking around. There are also plenty of Harajuku girls longing for you to photograph, if you are into that. I thought it was cute but not really interesting to me.For others I am sure that it would have been a trip highlight. That's what is cool about Japan. There is something fun for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment