Monday, November 23, 2015

My Trip To Japan: My Airfare Cost From Houston To Tokyo

I was undecided if I would travel to Japan this year. However, during Memorial Day weekend I found an airfare sale that helped me make my decision. I found an airfare from Houston to Tokyo for $669 US. That is a little less than half price. The savings would pay for close to 10 nights hotel in Tokyo. I first found the airfare on Travelocity where I regularly troll around looking for deals. After finding the airfare I went to American Airlines and booked it. I prefer to book with the airlines directly if the price is the same. I don't know if this is true or not, but I feel that the airlines will be likely to help you solve problems if you book with them other than a site like Travelocity.

During booking I also upgraded my seats from Economy to Economy Plus. This cost an extra $65 on the Dallas to Tokyo legs. This gives you about 4 to5 inches more leg room. The cost is about $5 per hour. This is absolutely worth it! I am a little over 6 feet tall and it is impossible for me to straighten my legs out under the seat. With American Airlines Economy Plus I can easily straighten my legs. Sleeping is no problem at all. Also, you get on and off the plane a little earlier. That really helps in clearing customs faster.

This plane had a strange seat configuration. It had 2 seats, then the aisle, and then 5 seats together, then an aisle on the far side.

1 2 X 3 4 5 6 7 X

I sat in a number 2 aisle seat. I was one of the first people to book a flight on the plane. I could have gotten on the front row but you don't have a tray table in front of you. The tray table comes out of the arm rest. I picked the second row and I think that I made the right choice.

Overall, I am very happy with my flying experience on the American Airlines route from Houston to Tokyo, with a short layover in Dallas. I don't know if the airfare goes on sale every Memorial Day weekend but if you plan on going to Japan you might check just to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment