Friday, November 20, 2015

My Trip To Japan: Tsukiji Market- Anothger Alternative To Sushi Dai

My hotel was less than 30 minutes by walking and subway from Tsukiji Market. A couple times I went there just to get an early breakfast before going to my first attraction of the day. One of my new favorite meals is seafood donburi. It is just a simple bowl of rice with fresh sashimi on top. There must have been 100 different choices at this little restaurant in the outer market at Tsukiji. It is unbelievable delicious.



This is about half of the possible donburi bowls. The place was crowded and I didn't want to disturb the other diners by taking a picture in front of their face. You can get a fairly good idea of what is available and their prices by just this half of the photo board.


They start you off with a bowl of miso soup and a cup of hot green tea. On top of the rice, this bowl had tuna, crab, shrimp, salmon eggs, sea urchin, scallops, omelet, minced tuna, squid and maybe another piece of seafood or two. I think the price was 2500 yen. That is around $20 US with the exchange rate at a little over 120 yen per dollar.



No comments:

Post a Comment