Monday, November 16, 2015

My Trip To Japan: Kamukura Ramen Restaurant

The favorite part of my Japan vacation was the food. One of the foods on my must eat list was ramen. Like many others, I ate ramen in college. I remember that they cost a dollar for 10 packages of ramen. We used to cook them in the college dorm after hours, since cooking wasn't allowed. The ramen in Japan has little resemblance to what we used to eat.


Tokyo Location
Osaka Location

I ate at Kamukura Ramen Restaurant in both Osaka and in Tokyo. They must be a chain restaurant that has many locations. Ideally, one would want the real Tokyo experience of a standup ramen restaurant with room for 4 or 5 people. Kamukura is a little more tourist friendly, I believe.





Ordering ramen is easy, even without speaking a word of Japanese. Just outside the restaurant there will be a ticket machine. You simply add in some yen coins, push the button, and you have a ticket for some delicious ramen.



Once inside you will be motioned to take a seat. The waitress will pick up your ticket and bring you a glass of ice water. You will be able to watch the chef make your ramen from your seat. It should take 3 or 4 minutes before your delicious bowl of ramen is served.




Both times that I ate at Kamukura I ordered the most popular choice that included roasted pork and a duck egg. The cost was 930 yen or a little under $8 US. The second time that I ate there I ordered a side of fried chicken. The chicken was perfect. If they were located near me, I would be a regular just for the chicken. The chicken was 300 yen or around $2.50 US. The prices were a little cheaper at the Osaka restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment