Sunday, November 29, 2015

My trip To Japan: Robot Restaurant

Another one of the things on my must see list for Tokyo was the Robot Restaurant. It wasn't quite as good as I had anticipated but I am really glad that I went there. The restaurant is located in Kabukicho near Shinjuku in Tokyo. Kabukicho is a red light district but it is also a great place to drink and dine. I do admit that I was approached a few times by men trying to convince me to go "meet" some girls. I'll pass on that. Plus, I understand that most of the time this is a con that can possibly lead to bad complications. Beware! It did not appear dangerous at all. Just keep walking and you'll be fine.

The robot restaurant used to be a little more sexy with the performers wearing mostly bikinis. This has changed. The girls were wearing short skirts and dresses but you see a lot shorter on the streets of Tokyo. The show consists of 5 or 6 acts that involve anything from giant spiders to kungfu panda to a giant shark to robots. Anything can and will happen. It is best to just go and experience it for yourself. I never watched any Youtube videos before I went to Japan. I recommend that also.

The robot restaurant door fee is 7000 yen or about $60 US at 120 yen per dollar. There are discount coupons available but I didn't take advantage of that. You can buy a cheap bento at the show but I don't know why you would do that when you are in one of the greatest food cities in the world, Tokyo. Sake and beers were inexpensive. I think there are 3 or 4 shows daily. I definitely recommend this place when you are in Tokyo.

I have a lot of photos from the restaurant. However, I took them with my Fujifilm X-T1. I am unable to open the files with my current version of Lightroom. I ordered the current version on Black Friday and I can start uploading those photos some time in the future. Here are a couple photos from my phone.


 

The waiting room. They have a small band playing during the half hour before the show.



You have to be aware that some of the equipment will swing out over the heads of audience members in the first row. I had to duck down several times. It can also get very loud. They gave headphones to the kids in the audience. Some of the adults wore them too. It was loud but I don't think most people will need hearing protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment