Monday, November 23, 2015

My Trip To Japan: Flying American Airlines From Houston To Tokyo

I was able to find a greatly discounted airfare from Houston to Tokyo for $669. That is a savings of a little less than half. The flight flew from Houston Hobby (HOU) to Dallas- Fort Worth (DFW) on to  Tokyo Narita (NRT). I also upgraded the Dallas to Tokyo legs for an extra $65 each way.

I was very pleased with everything to do with the flight. I was lucky and got good seat mates on all flights. They feed us 3 times on the Dallas to Tokyo legs. The food was good but it is airline food. They also came around and offered ice cream for a bonus snack. I think there should be ice cream on all flights!

I can only come up with 2 negatives. I think there were only 2 or 3 restrooms for all of the people in economy and economy plus. I might be wrong but I don't think so. Also, the entertainment display was about the size of a deck of cards. I did not watch anything on it. I have a 128 GB Ipad and had it loaded with movies and television shows. I also had several e-books. Plus, I slept a little over half way.

Since my airfare was booked 6 months in advance they did change my flight schedule- 6 times!!! For some reason they kept changing the Houston to Dallas leg. Sometimes the flight number didn't change but the takeoff time changed by just a few minutes.

I flew from Houston to South Korea twice before. I used United Airlines both times. I was satisfied with the experience both times. Since this was my first time on an overseas flight with American Airlines, I was a bit worried that they wouldn't be as good. In my experience they were about the same. I think United's entertainment was better and American had better and more food. There might have been a few other subtle differences but nothing that really stood out.

No comments:

Post a Comment