Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bibimbap And A Free H Mart Calendar 비빔밥 및 A 무료 H 마트 캘린더

Today, I went shopping at our Korean grocery store, H Mart. It is the only place that I am able to get authentic Korean side dishes. The store has everything and I do mean everything. The fish selection is almost identical to the fish selection in the traditional markets in South korea. I don't see 3 or 4 foot squid anywhere else. Also, there are things in the produce section that I am not sure if they are fruits, vegetables, or something else. A trip to H Mart is an adventure.

On the way out of the store, I picked up a free calendar. Free is my favorite price. While the calendar is a large standup desk calendar I like it. I would prefer a wall calendar because my desk space is taken up. On the calendar, there is the reminder that they sponsor the television show Kimchi Chronicles. I have been watching it every week for a few months. It is part cooking show, part travel show, and part cultural show. In my area, it is on at 11:00 am on Saturday mornings. It is broadcast on PBS. I highly recommend it if you are interested in Korea or especially Korean food. They have a website, http://www.kimchichronicles.tv/

오늘, 나는 우리의 한국 식료품 상점, H 마트 쇼핑 갔다. 그것은 유일 하 게 나 본격적인 한국 반 찬을 얻을 수 있다입니다. 저장소에서 모든 것과 모든 것을 의미 합니까. 물고기 선택은 대한민국의 전통 시장에서의 물고기 선택 거의 동일입니다. 3 또는 4 발 오징어를 다른 곳에서는 볼 수 없습니다. 또한, 거기에 나 과일, 야채, 또는 뭔가 다른 경우에 확실 하지 않다 생산 절의 것 들. H 마트 여행 모험 이다입니다.

저장소의 길에 무료 달력 집어. 내 좋아하는 가격 무료입니다. 달력은 큰 정정 당당한 책상 달력 하는 동안 나는 그것을 좋아한다. 난 내 책상 공간 차지 하는 때문에 벽에 달력을 선호 했다. 달력에서 거기에 그들은 텔레비전 쇼 김치 연대기 스폰서 미리 알림. 나는 보고 있었다 그것은 몇 달 동안 매주. 그것은 부분 요리 쇼, 일부 여행 쇼, 및 부품 문화 쇼입니다. 나의 지역에서 그것은 오전 11시 토요일 아침 에입니다. 그것은 공영 방송에서 방송입니다. 추천 한국 또는 특히 한국 음식에 관심이 있다면. 그들은 웹사이트가 http://www.kimchichronicles.tv/


On one page, there is a picture of bibimbap. It reminded me of one of my South Korean stories. I walked into the food tent at the Icheon Ceramic Festival. There were 15 or 20 food vendors. Not a single one of them had a sign in English. At the last booth, the gentleman asked me what was I looking for. I told him that I had no idea, I would try anything. He said that he knew just what I needed, and he asked for 8,000 Won. I sat down at a table and tried to guess what in the world did I just order. In a few minutes, he called me over to a steaming stone pot full of vegetables, rice, a little meat, and with a raw egg on top. It looked delicious, especially since I hadn't eaten in 7 hours and had been walking all day. I sat down and went to work with my chopsticks. It was the best festival food that I ever ate. I looked up from my hot bowl of bibimbap and I saw a man and woman watching me eat. They appeared to be laughing a little. At the time, I wished that I knew what they were talking about, because I could use a good laugh too. In a few minutes, the lady came over and in her best English explained that I was supposed to stir everything in the bowl together. At that moment, I knew what they were laughing at. It didn't bother me at all, that bibimbap was good.

한 페이지에는 비빔밥의 사진이입니다. 그것은 떠오 내 대한민국 이야기 중 하나의 수 있습니다. 이 천 도자기 축제에서 음식 텐트에 걸어. 15 또는 20 식품 업체 들이 있었다. 그들 중 하나도 하지 영어에 사인을 했다. 마지막 부스에서 신사 내게 물었다 무엇 내가 찾고. 아무 생각도, 나는 아무것도 시도 것 이라고 말해. 그는 그가 알고 나는 단지 무엇이 필요 했다, 그는 8, 000 원에 대 한 요청 했다. 테이블에 앉아 하 고 세계에서 무엇 나 그냥 주문 않았다을 추측 하려고 합니다. 몇 분 후에 그는 내게 전화 통해 김이 돌 냄비 위에 날 달걀과 야채, 쌀, 작은 고기 전체에. 그것은 7 시간에서 먹었다 하지 않았다면 하 고 하루 종일 걷고 있다 했다 특히, 맛 있는 보였다. 나는 앉아서 내 젓가락으로 일 하 러 갔다. 그것은 이제까지 먹은 최고의 축제 음식 이었다. 내 뜨거운 비빔밥 그릇에서 조회 하 고 남자와 여 자가 먹는 날 보고를 보았다. 그들은 조금 웃 고 있을 것으로 보인다. 시간에, 내가 아는 그들에 대해, 무슨 말을 했다 때문에 너무 좋은 웃음을 사용 수 달라고. 몇 분 후에 아가씨와 서 그녀의 최고의 영어 설명 그릇에 함께 모든 것을 저 어 하기로 했다. 그 순간, 나 했다 비웃 다는 것을 알고 있었다. 그것은 나를 전혀 귀찮게 하지 않았다, 그 비빔밥 좋았다.

No comments:

Post a Comment