Thursday, September 22, 2011

Long, Long Trip

Shortly, I leave for my trip to South Korea. I expect the travel from the United States to South Korea to be challenging. It will take me a few hours to get to the airport and get checked for the international flight. Then, I get to travel 4 hours to San Francisco. At least the layover is short, 1 hour. Next, comes the long flight to Seoul. That takes 12 hours. Then, the fun of picking up my bags and going through customs. I also have to change a little money, rent a cell phone, and get transportation to my destination in Korea and who knows what else. The next leg of the trip is by bus. The internet says that the trip takes between 1 1/2  to 4 hours depending on the traffic. Finally, I have to find a hotel somewhere in the town. All of this while speaking a bare minimum of the Korean language. There is one bright spot. I have almost 3 weeks to recover before I get to do it all again in reverse.

Is it worth it ? Without a doubt. I am looking past the transportation issues and seeing the wonderful opportunity that I have before me. I have never done anything like this, and may never have the chance to do it again. I plan to experience everything that South Korea and the Korean people have to offer. I hardly have a list of things to do while I am there. I truly plan to live Life in the moment and go where the wind takes me.

If I did have a list of things to do while I was there. it would include some of the following. First and most important is to spend time with my good friend Chae. She was the inspiration for me taking this trip. I can't wait to see her again. I also hope to study with the Korean potters and learn many techniques. I already know that my pottery will change for the better. I hope to spend at least a couple days at the Icheon Biennial Ceramics Festival. I am so lucky that this wonderful festival is being held the whole time that I am there. It is sort of like having the World Cup, the Super Bowl, the World Series, the Olympics, and the Royal wedding at one time, only it is all about ceramics. Maybe I exaggerated a tiny bit, but it is the best ceramic festival in the world that I know of. I also want to see the South Korean National Museum in Seoul. The nearby area of Insadong, in Seoul, is also a place I want to see. That still leaves me a lot of flexibility to openly explore Korea.

I should have enough photos and videos to post for the next few hundred years. I guess that I better start eating better and exercising a little more.

곧, 나는 한국 내 여행을 떠나. 내가 미국에서 한국으로 여행 도전 것으로 기대합니다. 그것은 공항에 도착 내게 몇 시간이 걸릴 것이며, 국제 항공편 확인하십시오. 그럼, 샌프란 시스코에 4 시간 여행을 얻을. 적어도 경유가 짧은 1 시간입니다. 다음 서울로 긴 비행을 온다. 그 12 시간이 걸립니다. 그럼, 내 가방을 따기와 세관을 통해가는 재미. 나는 또한, 약간의 돈을 변경 휴대폰을 임대, 한국에서 목적지까지의 교통 수단을 얻고 누가 그거 말고 뭐가 있겠어해야합니다. 여행의 다음 다리는 버스입니다. 인터넷 여행의 트래픽에 따라 1 1 / 2-4시간 사이에 소요되는 말합니다. 마지막으로, 나는 어딘가에 시내에 호텔을 찾을 수있다. 이 모든 한국어의 최소한 말하기 동안. 한 밝은 장소가 있습니다. 나는 반대로 모든 다시 그것을한다고 생각하니 전에 거의 3 주가 회복해야합니다.

그게 그만한 가치가 있나요? 의심의 여지없이. 나는 교통 문제를 과거의보고와 나는 내 앞에있다는 좋은 기회가 나타납니다. 이런 건 해본 적이 있고, 다시 할 수있는 기회를 가질 않을 수 있습니다. 나는 한국과 한국 사람들이 제공하는 모든 것을 경험 계획입니다. 난 도저히 거기 오전 동안 네가 할 일의 목록이 없습니다. 나는 정말 순간에 생활하고 바람이 나를 걸립니다 어디로 가야할지 계획입니다.

내가 거기있는 동안해야 할 일들의 목록을 가지고어요.한다면 그것은 다음의 일부를 포함합니다. 우선 가장 중요한 것은 내 좋은 친구 채와 함께 시간을 보낼 것입니다. 그녀는 날이 여행을 복용에 대한 영감을했다. 다시 그녀를보기 위해 기다릴 수 없어. 나는 또한 한국 도공과 함께 연구하고 많은 기술을 배울 수 있도록 최선을 다하겠습니다. 난 이미 내 도자기가 더 나은 것으로 바꿀 것을 알아요. 나는 이천 비엔날레 도자기 축제 적어도 며칠 보낼 수 있도록 최선을 다하겠습니다. 이 멋진 축제가 거기 있는걸 내내 개최되고해서 정말 다행입니다. 그것은 월드컵, 슈퍼볼, 월드 시리즈, 올림픽, 그리고 한 번에 로얄 결혼을하고, 같은 종류의이다, 오직 그것은 도자기에 대한 모든 것입니다. 아마 작은 조금을 과장하지만 내가 알고있는 세계 최고의 도자기 축제입니다. 나는 또한 서울에서 한국의 국립 박물관을보고 싶어요. 서울 인사동의 인근 지역은 또한 내가보고 싶은 장소입니다. 그것은 아직 나에게 공개적으로 한국을 탐험하기 위해 유연성을 많이 떠납니다.

나는 앞으로 몇 백 년 동안 게시물에 대한 충분한 사진과 비디오가 있어야합니다. 난 더 나은 먹고 조금 더 운동 시작 맞춰보세요.

No comments:

Post a Comment