Tuesday, February 2, 2016

My Trip To Japan: Plastic Food Displays

I am obsessed with the plastic food displays outside many restaurants in Japan. They are works of art. I do admit that sometimes the food that you get does not look like the display. This is no different from the menu pictures in America.

Around lunch or dinner time it can get crowded in front of some of the displays. Many people seem to just walk around and look at the displays before deciding where to eat at. I like that almost all of the displays included the prices. The plastic food models make it easy to point at when trying to order. Most of the items are numbered and everyone seemed to know the English numbers.

Here are a few random displays of food. I do not see one of my favorites in these. There is a famous another one of my favorites.










No comments:

Post a Comment