Thursday, October 15, 2015

Bound For Japan

In a little more a week I will land in Japan for a 2 1/2 week stay. Over the past two years I have been putting a little money away every month for another overseas trip. My dream trip to Japan has finally become a reality.

The deciding factor in my decision to travel to Japan was a great airfare that I chanced upon. During Memorial Day weekend I found an airfare from my hometown to Tokyo, Japan for less than $650. I have regularly checked online and I have not found any fares near that price. Also, the US Dollar to Japanese Yen exchange rate has been historically good.

I have found that early booking is very important in Japan. Most of my hotel rooms were in the $60 to $70 range per night. They steadily increased in price to well over double until they were all sold out. There are plenty of rooms available but there are too expensive and too far from the subway stations for my liking.

It has been a lot of fun planning the places that I want to visit, the things that I want to do, and the foods that I want to eat. I would hate to know the number of hours that I have spent researching this trip. Anyway, it has been fun and I am looking forward to taking a lot of photos and having a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment