Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Korean Folk Tale: The Vanity Of The Rat 한국 민속 이야기: 쥐의 화장 대

A long time ago, there lived a rat couple who had 1 daughter. Since they had no other children, they gave her everything. When it became time for their daughter to marry, they wanted only the best husband for her. They thought about all of the rats that they knew, but none of them were good enough for their daughter.

One day, Mr Rat said to his wife "I know who will make the perfect husband for our daughter, the Sun." "The Sun?" asked Mrs. Rat. "Why do you think the Sun would make a good husband." "Because there is none more powerful in the world than the Sun" said the husband. "Yes, Yes. Yes. The Sun is the most powerful. He's bright as well. Let's ask him at once" said Mrs. Rat.

The two rats went out into their garden where the Sun was shining. "Oh, Mr. Sun!" they called, trying to keep their eyes open as they looked up into the sky. "Yes, what can I do for you?" replied the Sun. "Should you accept, my wife and I would like to offer you our daughter's hand in marriage," said Mr. Rat proudly. "I'm honored" said Mr. Sun, "But why do you want me to marry your daughter?" "Because you are so powerful and magnificent!" said Mr. Rat, while Mrs. Rat nodded her head in agreement.

"Well, I'm pleased that you think so highly of me" said Mr. Sun. "But there is one that is more powerful than me." "Who might that be? asked Mr. Rat. "Why Mr. Cloud, of course! I am powerless when he covers me." "Yes, so true" said Mr. Rat, nodding over and over."Come on dear, he said, taking his wife by the hand. "Let's go see Mr. Cloud."

They climbed up a nearby mountain, over which a big cloud hung in the sky. They called to Mr. Cloud and telling him what Mr. Sun had said, offered their daughter's hand in marriage. Again, the couple received a much different answer that what they were expecting. Mr. Cloud said "What the Sun says is true. However, I am powerless when I meet Mr. Wind. Wherever he blows, I must go." "Yes. Yes. Of course, of course" said Mr. and Mrs. Rat. They then set out to find Mr. Wind.

Coming down the mountain, they found Mr. Wind in a grove of trees. "I am strong" he told them on hearing their story. "I can make a big tree fall over or blow down a house. I can shake up an ocean. But try as I may, I can't move a stone buddha." "Then, we'll just have to ask a stone buddha" said Mr. Rat. So, Mr. and Mrs. Rat hurried down the mountain to the stone buddha standing near their village.

"Well, I'm flattered that you want me to marry your daughter" said Mr. Stone Buddha. "But I don't think I'm right for her either. I am indeed strong and Mr. Wind can't move me, but I am no means the strongest of them all. There is one that can make me fall over easily. The very thought of it is making me shake already." "Please Mr. Stone Buddha" said Mr. Rat. "Please tell us who." "None other than you and your cousins the moles" said Mr. Stone Buddha. "You and your cousins are very strong. Why if you burrow under my feet, I'll fall over and land on my head. I'm no match for you" said Mr. Stone Buddha. "Thank you" said Mr. Rat, "You've been very helpful.

After the long search for a suitable suitor, the rat's daughter married a rat.

오래 전, 1 딸 했다 쥐 부부 살 았습니다. 이후 그들은 다른 아이 했다, 그들은 그녀의 모든 것을 했다. 결혼 하 고 그들의 딸에 대 한 시간이 되었다, 그들은 그녀를 위해 좋은 남편만 싶었다. 그들은 그들이 알고 쥐의 모든에 대해 생각 하지만 그들 중 누구도 자신의 딸을 위해 충분히 좋은.

어느 날, 미스터 쥐 말했다 그의 아내에 게 "내가 알고 누가 우리 딸, 태양에 대 한 완벽 한 남편을 만들 것입니다." "태양?" 부인 쥐를 물었다. "당신은 왜 생각 합니까 태양 좋은 남편을 만들 것 이다." "태양 보다 세계에서 더 강력한 아무도 없기" 때문에 남편을 말했다. "그래, 그래. 예입니다. 태양은 가장 강력한. 그는 밝은 뿐입니다. 한 번에 물어 봅시다"부인 쥐 말했다.

두 쥐 태양이 빛나고 있었습니다 그들의 정원으로 나갔다. "오, 미스터 선!" 그들은 하늘에 올려 그들로 그들의 눈을 뜨고 하 라는. "그래, 어떻게 당신을 위해?" 대답은 토 씨 쥐를 자랑 스럽게 말했다 "당신은 수락 해야, 내 아내와 결혼, 우리의 딸의 손을 제공 하 고 싶습니다". "나는 영광 이다" 고 말했다 씨 태양, "하지만 당신은 당신의 딸과 결혼 하는 날을 왜 원합니까"? "왜냐하면 당신은 너무 강력 하 고 아름 다운!" 부인은 쥐 계약에 그녀의 머리를 끄 덕 하는 동안 씨 쥐를 말했다.

토 씨는 말했다 "글쎄, 날 너무 높은 것을 기쁘게 생각 해요" "하지만 나 보다 더 강력한 하나입니다." "누가 그 될 수 있을까요? 질문된 씨 쥐입니다. "왜 씨 클라우드, 물론! 난 힘이 그 날을 포함 하는 경우. " "네, 그래서 사실" 또다시 덕 씨 쥐를 말했다. "친애 하는, 그는 말했다, 그의 아내 손에 의해 복용 어 서. "가자 씨 클라우드를 참조 하십시오."

그들은 어떤 큰 구름이 하늘에 걸려 인근 산에 올라가서. 그들은 씨 클라우드 호출 하 고 결혼에 자신의 딸의 손을 제공 하는 그 어떤 태양 했다, 말하고. 다시, 부부 받은 많은 다른 그 무엇을 그들이 기대에 응답 합니다. 씨 클라우드 말했다 "어떤 태양 말한다 사실 이다. 그러나, 난 무력 씨 바람을 충족 하는 경우. 어디에 그는 불면, 나 야. " "네입니다. 예입니다. 물론, 물론"씨와 부인 쥐 말했다. 그들은 다음 씨 바람 찾을 설정 합니다.

산을 내려 오고, 그들은 나무의 과수원에서 씨 바람을 발견. "나는 강한" 그들의 이야기를 듣기에 말했다. "나는 큰 나무 넘어 또는 집 다운 타격을 만들 수 있습니다. 바다를 흔들 수 있다. 시도 하지만,로 돌을 이동할 수 없습니다 부처님. " "그럼, 우리 거 야 그냥 물어 봐야 돌 부처."그래서 씨와 부인 쥐 서둘러 산 아래로 돌 부처 그들의 마을 근처에 서.

"음, 나의 딸과 결혼 하 고 칭찬 해요" 씨 돌 부처님 말했다. "하지만 그녀의 하나에 대 한 맞 생각 하지 않습니다. 실제로 강한 오전 씨 바람 날을 이동할 수 없습니다 하지만 그들 모두의 가장 강력한 수단을 해요. 거기에 하나 쉽게 넘어 나를 만들 수 있습니다. 매우 이미 동요 나 그것의 생각 하고있다. " "제발 씨 돌 부처" 씨 쥐 말했다. "제발 우리에 게 사람." "당신 보다 다른 사촌 사마귀" 고 말했다 씨 돌 부처. "당신과 당신의 사촌은 매우 강하다. 왜 당신이 내 발 아래 뚫으, 넘어 하 고 내 머리에 착륙 거 나. 나는 당신을 위해 일치"씨 돌 부처님 말했다. "감사 합니다" 고 말했다 씨 쥐, "당신이 있어 매우 도움이 되었습니다.

적합 한 구혼자에 대 한 긴 검색 후 쥐의 딸 결혼 쥐.

6 comments: